Finally, the show…“The fiendish experiment of Professor Ohnelieb with the potential to destroy the world” Was presented to an audience of about 130 people last night. For more pictures you can click here, but unfortunately Flickr is displaying them backwards for reasons unknown. so to get the story in the correct order you'll need to go to the 'end'... They could learn something from our techie, who managed to keep on top of all the cues and sound and lighting effects to make a seamless whole.One area where I was personally challenged was in learning to trust people on the team, My previous experiences with theatre in other churches and with volunteers have led me to try and keep control of everything. This wasn't possible this time around, and I had to be content with passing on the jobs and offering support. People seemed to realise they could be a part of the project with their own gifts and abilities. The props, microphones, computers, blazing oil drums, and two smoke machines appeared as people got enthusiastic and became involved, The team pulled all the stops out and gave a great presentation, and handled the many and varied unexpected changes that take place in any outdoor theatre production.
I just stood and watched.
The 3 preaching times went well, and at the end our youth pastor gave an opportunity for people to commit to following God, and summed up all the action and fun in a few sentences . We ended with the lord's prayer and the peace, which brought everyone's focus firmly back to our main purpose in a very gentle way.
Many thanks also to those who were praying. The enthusiasm, and hard work from the team, and the success of this is because of God working through people's prayer. I want to work in an awareness of that.


2 comments:
Hi,
Sounds like it went well.
I rang to ask how things had gone and probably confused Michi because the line was dodgy and I'd just trodden on a glass splinter when she said "Hello".
My love to you and your entire family,
Tim
Hello,Brother
Praise God for a wonderful presentation.
God Bless you, In Jesus'name,Amen.
JesusChrist-theovercomer.
Post a Comment