Friday, August 10, 2007

Holidays…

It’s holiday time, so everyone is disappearing. Now, It's not that I don't like my team, but it gives me a chance to get some writing done... I need to get prepared on the piece for September. Unfortunately the original plan of having more team input isn’t possible because the team are mostly off in different places so I’ve just got to push on regardless. I’m holding out the hope that we can develop further during rehearsals. The general response from the team was not to pull any punches on the story as we’ve been “Too happy” in the last few pieces. This should be fun…

I’m also beginning to throw ideas about for the “Kirbe” piece. Our pastor is open to having the same format of three longer theatre episodes and short teaching, so After last year several people want to do a sequel to “Professor Ohnelieb’s fiendish experiment with the potential to destroy the world” But I’m inclined to go for a completely different story as that may be a tough one to follow. Whatever we end up doing, it will be loud, in-your-face and full of surprises. Not least for the cast.

2 comments:

Timbo said...

Surprises for the cast? Like "you've just been turned into a woman", "swap roles with the pet dog", "now that you've got the general idea, we'll be doing it in the original greek"?
Or not quite so nasty?

Tim

Andy in Germany said...

You've been reading my notes... :)
Not quite so nasty as that. More along the lines of: "And then you make a entrance from the roof of that building there"