This poor blog has been a bit neglected of late, because (amongst other things I'll tell you about in good time) I've been working on the material for 'What Price Happiness?' for our major presentation in October. So far I'm well on track: of nine pieces, three are translated, three are finished and being translated, and I'll work on the final three this week or next. The reason for the delay is that I usually leave a text at least a week between the second and third draft, so I can come back to it fresh, and see all the mistakes I missed before.
I would really like to tell you all about the piece, but we prefer people to come without too many preconceived ideas. (Hence the lack of entries: I'd have to repeat myself).
When this project is finished, I'll be almost have enough material for a book. I've been waiting to collect 20 pieces, and although I'm well over that number I'd hesitate to send a few of them off. Everyone writes a lame duck occasionally and I've enough for a small pond. If the remaining projects of 2008 go well, I'm hoping to have enough material to start approaching publishers in January 2009.
In other news, the two-part story we planned for August and September fell through because it's Helmut's farewell service on the day we were supposed to present it, which means a traditional service. I hadn't time or energy to rewrite part one so I asked the team if anyone was open to have a go, something I'll do a lot more often in future because two of them have come up with a great idea and a fun story. I'll be working with them to teak it, but essentially it is their piece so I'll leave them to it as much as they want. I'm not at all peeved that their idea was better than mine. Honest.
I would really like to tell you all about the piece, but we prefer people to come without too many preconceived ideas. (Hence the lack of entries: I'd have to repeat myself).
When this project is finished, I'll be almost have enough material for a book. I've been waiting to collect 20 pieces, and although I'm well over that number I'd hesitate to send a few of them off. Everyone writes a lame duck occasionally and I've enough for a small pond. If the remaining projects of 2008 go well, I'm hoping to have enough material to start approaching publishers in January 2009.
In other news, the two-part story we planned for August and September fell through because it's Helmut's farewell service on the day we were supposed to present it, which means a traditional service. I hadn't time or energy to rewrite part one so I asked the team if anyone was open to have a go, something I'll do a lot more often in future because two of them have come up with a great idea and a fun story. I'll be working with them to teak it, but essentially it is their piece so I'll leave them to it as much as they want. I'm not at all peeved that their idea was better than mine. Honest.


No comments:
Post a Comment