I had lots of goals. I wanted to help people tell their stories in safety and preferably with an audience. I also wanted to see storytelling complement preaching in services: not replacing every week, but having a recognised part of the worship and to bring people to God’s word.
Suddenly I’ve landed with both at once.
It’s a courageous decision in a traditional church: our pastor has given over most of the preaching time in the service to storytelling. Instead of the usual five minutes our pastor gave over between fifteen and twenty to reach into people’s hearts with the Gospel, through storytelling.
It gets better…
The Xpresso team is probably going to read this, so I’m not going to give the theme away just yet, but there is a real chance to adapt a true story, and for some on the team it's also their story.
I don’t know how this will work practically just yet or how we will put this together. Originally I was going to write it, but I think I need the team’s input on this one…
That's got the team wondering what I'm up to...More details as we figure it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment