Monday, October 22, 2007

Pilot Scheme

Morgen(B)rot, the modern service for the church, has been running for just over a year, and totals about eight or nine services. In traditional "Church" terms it's been successful: we generally see significantly more people in the services than normal, despite some of the more traditional members choosing to stay away. A lot of these people have a fairly tenuous link to the church, so we are reaching some new people. From our point of view its main purpose has been as a vehicle for discipleship and building people up one to one, and for individually on the team to spread their wings and find new expressions of worship.

Officially though, the last year has been a 'pilot scheme'- a trial to see if the church can/should/wants to keep the services running and on Tuesday the 23rd our church council will meet and vote to decide of this should continue indefinitely.

Fortunately the majority of the council members are in favour of a continuation, so I don't expect that it will be stopped outright. What could happen is that pressure could be applied to ‘compromise’ and increase the amount of traditional music and elements. As we currently follow a fairly traditional liturgy with more modern content plugged in, this would seem to me to be a step backwards, but I can imagine it will be suggested. Please pray...

2 comments:

Timbo said...

Will pray.
Not often or continuously, but I will perform the old hands together and eyes closed routine on your behalf.

Anonymous said...

Cheers mate, I appreciate it...