Friday, October 26, 2007

The rough and the smooth.

On Wednesday we had general feedback from the Kirbe service. Xpresso members came in for high praise: the team was described as “excellent”, the acting “High quality”. People remarked that the team worked together extremely well, living what they were portraying on stage.

I'm concerned that some couldn’t follow the story, although it is certainly not the fault of the team. I also wonder if people were expecting a ‘Conversion’ to be portrayed and were confused when they didn’t get one in the traditional sense.

The presentation was also too long. A piece always takes longer in German than in the original English. I’ve seen this over the last two years and somehow forgot to take it into account. Equally, the presentation normally speeds up as the cast get used to it in the final weeks of rehearsals, but we didn’t have the time to allow that to happen. Put these two together and you have a long theatre presentation. Somebody remind me of that next time.

No comments: