I’m working alongside Abenteuerland again. This time the subject is the story of Joseph, which is a great favourite amongst children’s clubs all over the world, and gives headaches to costume departments every time.
Fortunately I have some assistance from a retired arts teacher in the village so she came up with a simple solution to the coat, and this left me free to thionk about the hats that we will give the ‘Egyptians’. Well, I’d wanted to do some propmaking with Xpresso anyway, so last week we spent a few hours sticking cardboard and newspaper together into some vaguely Egyptian-hat-like forms. We now have six hats in various stages of preparation, ranging from the smaller examples seen here to the biggest hat of all belonging to Pharaoh. He will have to do everything in the same room because he the hat is too big to go through the door.
I’ll have a rehearsal for 'Joseph' today. We have 2 weeks before the first episode is presented to the children.
Fortunately I have some assistance from a retired arts teacher in the village so she came up with a simple solution to the coat, and this left me free to thionk about the hats that we will give the ‘Egyptians’. Well, I’d wanted to do some propmaking with Xpresso anyway, so last week we spent a few hours sticking cardboard and newspaper together into some vaguely Egyptian-hat-like forms. We now have six hats in various stages of preparation, ranging from the smaller examples seen here to the biggest hat of all belonging to Pharaoh. He will have to do everything in the same room because he the hat is too big to go through the door.
I’ll have a rehearsal for 'Joseph' today. We have 2 weeks before the first episode is presented to the children.


No comments:
Post a Comment