Monday, February 04, 2008

Xpresso and Morgenbrot

I write this hesitantly, but I think the Xpresso presentation in the ‘Morgenbrot’ service went ‘well’. I say that with caution because I don’t know what God thinks about it all, but from what I can see, I reckon it was pretty good:

The team worked well together and took on a new medium (Music/mime, combined with video) to present “Does anybody hear her” in a new way. (and fulfilled the goal of two new media styles in the last year)

One of our team members proved she can successfully present a monologue to a high standard, and work with an audience, when she presented “The Conversation”

The support team members gave each other during preparation and presentation.

Closer community within the team and with other teams.

My favourite comment was that “You could tell the [film] editing was by a professional.” This referred to Travis, our American friend, who is filmmaker, but he didn’t actually do any editing: it was done by Ruprecht, resident tech (and Lukas’ Godfather)

We’ve had some positive feedback from a lot of different people of different generations. (I hardly ever hear ‘negative’ feedback simply because it rarely gets to me) but it seems people have accepted and are thinking about the message.

I’ll work on getting the pictures and video up and online. The next ‘Modern’ service is in March, for the Konfirmanden and the preacher has selected the theme as the meaning of life, and related matters…

In 7 minutes…

No comments: