Monday, June 30, 2008

Catching up.

Last week as a bit slow in terms of updates because I've been trying to catch up with the backlog of work caused by being in the UK for a month. Now that I have bible verses and themes for the next six months, I'm also trying to plan ahead so that the team has the script well in advance of the presentations they do, and we can be more effective and hopefully fit in different mini tours, develop new material, and most of all to focus on training and discipling team members.

The good news is that I'm getting there, although there is a lot more to be done yet. So far, August is being translated, September is in draft, and I'm working on the first part of the October presentation, which is developing as our 'main' presentation of the year, and is longer piece designed more for people with no church background.

The even better news is that we have permission -if we want to- to have two presentations over two days during the festival- our pastor told us to 'Take every opportunity'. There's a poll over on the Xpresso blog asking if people are open to this and at the moment the response has been positive, so it looks like this will happen.

On top of the provisional invitation from Prisma, this will give us three presentations for the piece, which is fantastic, not only for the team, but also because it gives us a chance to present the bible in a relevant way to a lot of people.

Of course, this does mean that we need to get about six more pieces written in the next few weeks...

No comments: