Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It seemed a good idea at the time.

Last night was the feedback for the “Morgen(b)rot” alternative service, and a look at what we will be doing next time. General feedback of the service was good: More people are coming, including people who normally don’t turn up. The local hairdresser asked for all the dates of Morgen(b)rot this year so he can put them in his calendar and not miss one. The evidence suggests that people are starting to come back, and they like what they are finding.

The drama was also well received. The only neutral comment being that it was perhaps “Too intense” and “shocking” for some people, which I took as a complement: The piece was intended to be on the edge, and that it achieved this simply shows the ability of the acting team.

Perhaps it was because of this encouragement that made me agree to preach on the Konfirmationnachmittag service, the final event for the fourteen year olds going through their confirmation classes this year. Maybe it was God. I felt I could or should try to preach for a while now, but God told me to wait until someone suggested it. So when someone did I agreed quickly before they changed their mind.

I’ve got ten minutes, with translation, on “What’s wrong with the world today?” and my brief is for a positive and encouraging message so the Konfirmanden leave "uplifted and encouraged".

Best get on with it then…

No comments: