We're thinking a lot about Absolute Story and where we should focus in the light of what we are finding about "missional church", and also about Xpresso and how I can better serve the members of the team. I'm also thinking a bit about our accepted ideas in churches like our own.
For example, this idea of having one service for all: It’s a great goal for believers to worship together, although I’ve long wondered about its practicality (it limits numbers for one), but now these missional discussions have got me thinking: Is it loving and serving our community? On the youth weekend when we looked at our personality profiles we were told "treating everyone the same way is wrong". Not just unpleasant, not just ineffective, but wrong. So why don’t we apply that to our services?
Are we aiming for unity, or are we insisting that people must become like us before we will accept them?
Please let me know your thoughts...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment