Now, don’t get me wrong: I have a fantastic team and I’d not want to loose any one of them, -Their willingness to come and let me boss them about in a cold, dark courtyard on Wednesday nights amazes me constantly- but they are all very strong personalities and the hard part isn’t trying to make them get into character as much as getting them out of it afterwards: It's difficult giving stage directions to the ‘Baroness’ when she’s threatening to turn you into a frog, and the heroine is already much, much too excited about the large firearms we are making for her.
This doesn’t just happen in comedy rehearsals, but stories like this do bring out the loopy side of the team in a big way. It certainly doesn’t look like your typical church youth group, but then, I don’t fit so well in a typical church, so I guess it’s a good match. It's also probably why I usually look forward to Wednesday nights, and come home pumped full of energy when we've finished.
I just wish I could find a way of winding down afterwards so I can get sleep before eleven…


No comments:
Post a Comment