Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Projects

I’ve noticed before that when we have a lot of newsworthy things happening, projects running etc, you have little time for things like communication. Take this week, for example: we are starting to gear up for the ‘James’ bible studies, and the ‘Kirbe’ festival drama, while running rehearsals for the September services where we will be having a 15 minute piece in place of the usual sermon, and suddenly it is September and the newsletter isn’t done. Sorry about that, but rest assured it is on the way, and far from sitting about we have got a lot of projects going. The ‘James’ bible studies are out of a desire from some of our young people to get more in-depth bible teaching, so they are coming here on Tuesday nights (History seems to be repeating itself: my parents did this just after they were married) When we were wondering what to study I suggested the book of James, as we tend to avoid it. So I had to at least prepare the first few sessions…

Michi is asked to play drums more and more: she’s likely to be playing in ‘Abenteuerland’ fairly often soon at the regular drummer will be away for nine months military service. This works well: as I am directing the theatre rather than being part of the presentation, my job is well over by the time we are in a service and so I can be with the boys while Michi plays.


The September drama is going well, but it will be a tough job to get the lot rehearsed to a high standard in time, and meanwhile I’m already starting on the 20-minute piece for October. This one will have to be very different in style as it is an outdoor piece, but already people are approaching me. I’ve got a team of eight in total, all wanting to be involved, and this includes people who worked in the last piece who come in with more experience. so the prospects are looking good. I've sent an email out asking people to choose from three different storylines, and feedback is comiing in steadily. Meanwhile I'm starting to think of a background and style. I'm increasingly interested in steampunk...

No comments: