
We have permission to run the Fiendish Experiment.
Now we have three weeks to make a 20-minute outdoor theatre piece.
First stage is “Blocking”: planning the stage and where the cast will (Or should) be at any moment, and making sure no-one walks into the furniture. It helps to figure out what we will need for the actors to carry/use/hit each other with, and when. It is part of the director's job to get it all on paper before the first rehearsals, so that most of the decisions are made well before I’m with the actors. This avoids them standing about getting cold and grumpy while I decide where I want them, and also gives the impression that I know what I’m doing.
Thr first rehearsal is tonight. Meanwhile we're starting to write the next piece, which is scheduled for the second weekend in Advent. This is the traditional "Waldweinacht" where we go through the forest and sing Carols, but this year we may be able to have some outdoor theatre which should be fun. We are working on a story which is provisionally called: "The Land that forgot Christmas" I'll keep you posted.

No comments:
Post a Comment