Monday, January 15, 2007

Back to work...

It’s been a week of getting used to working and being back in Kemnat, picking up where we left off and trying to catch up with a few things. And getting the tax forms for 2006 sorted out.

There is another „Modern“ service on Jan 21st and I’ve been working on a drama.It’s been an exciting start to the year: one of the projects where I have to read what’s going on the screen because it’s so clearly God’s words and I’m just typing. I allowed a couple of days for that and completed it in about three hours. If only I could take the credit... The piece is called "The Conversation" and is based on the Samaritan Jesus met at a well, and I’ve moved it forward 2000 years so we have her talking to her mother on the telephone and talking about what it was like to meet this man we call Jesus. Sometimes I’m blown away when I try and describe the personality of Jesus in a drama, and I rediscover the fact that he was a living, breathing man, but a man who was also God. What a mystery he must have been to people around him; suddenly chaingng subject, doing apparently random things and stopping to hug children, It would be like trying to see into a deep ocean. I’m at it again...

That’s gone to be translated and the team member I asked to perform has agreed to perform it, the pastor taking the service likes the script and the only thing we haven’t done is rehearse, so please pray on that one, along with the usual prayers for unity between the theatre team and band in the run up to the service. Incidentally, the band have been doing well of late: yesterday they went to play at the Catholic church in the village and had some very positive feedback, which is great for the relationship between the two churches. They played modern songs as well, although as one member put it: "Slowly, very Slooowly..."

The modern service next month will be taken by a theology student who was here for some experience a while ago. I’m trying to contact him and ask what he wants and what sort of theme he wants to follow. Meanwhile I’m continuing to translate and work on the articles I took pictures for and researched in Ihringen. Next week I'm hoping to get the whole tax form off to the tax advisor, start on the next drama, and run the rehearsals for 'The conversation'. We'll see how much of that I manage...

By the way, many thanks to those of you in Knutsford who sent greetings last week: It's good to know you're reading along with the adventure...

No comments: