Tuesday, January 30, 2007

False Alarm

We had a bit of a panic this morning, but it turned out to be a false alarm. I went in to pick the boys up and found Lucas buried under his blanket and making wheezy sounds when he breathed. When we picked him up he didn't want to wake up and didn't really respond to anything, so we eventually called an ambulance and he and Daddy went to the children's emergency room in Esslingen. After a checkup he was diagnosed as just having a virus, which accounted for the breathing and sleepiness. The blanket probably wasn't a problem. While we were there he began to respond more to the lights and moved, and he gave me a tiny smile before falling asleep again on the way home.

To those who were around when we needed you, especially Raphi, and Gretel who came running as soon as we called: many, many thanks... Lucas is now sleeping off his morning excitement, and we're trying to concentrate on our daily tasks, with little success...

2 comments:

sillypilgrim said...

Scary!

sillypilgrim said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I have a livejournal account which I blog in... if you're interested.
http://sillypilgrim.livejournal.com/
also... there's a link in my profile to my photo blog.

love,
peggy